Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Writing History


Hello everyone. It's February 8, 2011 and 3:17 p.m. Today I'm still examining my life and the lives of those who I'm proud of. As I began to think about my life I have some things to be proud of. I'm proud of my ancestors. I'm proud of the things that many African American people sacrificed so that we can have a better life. I'm proud of traditional and contemporary heros.

I decided to create an poster in honor of the black people whom I am proud of. I'm proud of many people. In the picture, 99.9% of the photos are in black and white. The reason why those photos are in black and white is because all those people have accomplished great things in life. The only picture that isn't in black and white is the picture of myself. You may ask why isn't the picture of yourself in black and white? Are you boastful or arrogant? Do you think you are better than the rest of the people? The answer to all these questions is no. I don't think I'm better than anyone. The reason why the photo of myself is in color is because I haven't accomplished much. This is the season of my life where I need to get up and get some great things accomplished. I'm ready to walk in the calling that God has on my life. Though I have not accomplished as much stuff as the one's in the black and white photo I'm ready to get started accomplishing things so that I can began writing my history. I want to be written about because of great things I've accomplished. Whether it be because I impacted someone's life through counseling, writing, singing, graphic design, giving, helping, or just by reflecting Christ's love into other peoples lives.

There are many people I'm proud of. The people in this photo I've never really had the opportunity to meet them except for Ty Adams. I have met her and she's an awesome woman of God. Some of these people are dead and gone while others are alive. The ones that are alive I pray that God blesses me to be able to meet them. I also pray that they see this blog and have a smile upon their faces and feel honored. We should give honor where honor is due.

I'm proud of what Martin Luther King Jr did, in being brave enough to stand up for what he believed in. He stood up for freedom, equality, and justice. I'm proud of Madam CJ Walker who invented the pressing comb. I'm proud of Harriet Tubman who sacrificed her own life to abolish slavery. She was the Moses of her days and she loved God as well. I'm proud of Rosa Parks for standing up for what she believed in. She felt that she is just as good as other people and should be able to sit in the front of the bus. She felt that she shouldn't have to move just because someone had white skin. I'm proud of Bishop Butler for being an great example of faithful and serving many years as Pastor of Word of Faith International Christian Center. I'm also proud of the fact that he teaches the Word of God with power and has been a great example in the body of Christ. I'm proud of Stevie Wonder for not allowing the fact that he was blind to stop him from singing. Stevie Wonder is one of the greatest artists today. I'm proud of Cece Winans for being an example of what a true black woman of God should be. I'm proud of the fact that she sings for the Lord and the Lord only. I'm proud of the fact that Nat King Cole is one of the greatest love song singers. The majority of his music is good clean love songs and I admire him for that. I'm proud of Langston Hughes because He was a very talented black poet and famous for a poem entitled "A Dream Deferred". I'm proud of Maya Angelou because she was a very talented black poet who was famous for poems called "Still I Rise and Phenomenal Woman." I'm proud of Oprah Winfrey for being one of the most successful black women in America, starting her own talk show and later starting her OWN which is her own network on television. I'm also proud of the fact that Oprah is a giver and doesn't overlook the poor. I'm proud of Tyler Perry because his story really inspires me. Tyler Perry went through a lot of pain in his life. He was molested and became homeless. He went from rags to riches. I'm proud of all the things that he has accomplished and even while still serving Christ. I'm proud of the fact that Tyler Perry gives other Black people a chance who society or Hollywood may have neglected. Tyler Perry is a great example of how you can live if you trust God. I am also proud of the fact that Tyler Perry has his own Studio as a black man and don't have to go through Hollywood to come up with films. I'm proud of President Obama for being our first black president. Obama being president let's me know that I have no excuses. If Obama can become president I can accomplish everything that I desire to do in life. I'm proud that Obama is standing for change and is trying to create jobs for those that don't have them. I'm proud of Ty Adams for preaching the Word of God and changing the lives of young women in this world and teaching them how to sustain from sexual desires as a single woman. America has come a long way. There was a time that black people were not even able to read books. Now there are black people writing book. That means a lot. Ty Adams, Tyler Perry, Oprah Winfrey, Bishop Butler have all accomplished something that I desire to accomplish and that is write and publish books and create films that will impact the nation and change lives.

I'm proud of myself as well. Yes I am. I'm proud of the beautiful and intelligent woman I have become. I don't say that boastfully but I say it because I know who I am in Christ. I am a new creature in Christ. I'm proud of the fact that I am a woman who has an Associates Degree in Business, Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Communications, and Master's Degree in Psychology. I'm proud of the fact that I'm a black woman. When others have put me down and talked bad about me, God didn't give up on me.

One thing that I have in common with all of these people in this photo is the fact that we are all black and have or had a specific purpose or calling on our lives. I'm proud of every person who is on this picture and it does my heart good to see that they are walking in their purpose. I too want to walk in my purpose. Some of these people have written their history (Maya Angelou, Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Nat King Cole, Madam CJ Walker and many others not in this photo). While there are some people in this photo who are in the process of writing their history (Bishop Keith A. Butler, President Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Cece Winans, Stevie Wonders, Ty Adams, and myself (Shawne Jackson) and others who are not in this photo).

The people in this photo are black men and women who have written their history or writing their history. My name is Shawne Jackson, I'm a black woman and I'm writing History.






No comments:

Post a Comment