Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Wake Up Call: Don't Give Up

Hello everyone. How are you all doing? Good I hope. It's 11:46 p.m. and today is Monday 08/29/10. This past week, I have been dealing with some problems spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Friday, 08/26/10 my spirit was down because I felt like I was tired of not having a job, not having a car, not having my license, tired of being overweight and most of all, tired of feeling lonely and not having a husband. I was also tired of people making false promises to me. I thought about all the people who had promised me that they would do things for me and never came through. So I wrote a status on FB because I felt like giving up. As soon as I allowed depression to kick in that's when I started to develop this terrible headache. I felt such pain that I felt like I was about to die. I said a prayer and asked God to clean up my life and take me home. Sincerely in my heart that night I wanted to see Jesus but God didn't answer that prayer. That night I really had a desire to leave the earth. I wouldn't kill myself because I don't want to be separated from God and I don't want to go to hell. I want to always have a relationship with God. I sat there feeling that no one loved me, feeling that I was all alone. I couldn't call someone. I felt like I be there for everyone else but no one was there for me. I felt like I didn't have a support team to help me out. Then I heard the devil tell me things like you don't have any friends, no one loves you, you might as well just kill yourself. So that night I prayed and cried out to God because I really needed him to move on my behalf. As time went by, I shut my eyes and went to sleep.

The next day I felt a lot better. So I started searching for writing and Graphic Design jobs online. I did a few writing jobs and got paid for one of them. I've made up in my mind, that I let go of all the pain of the past. I forgive all those people who have not came through for me. If you hold on to the past you will pass up your blessings. I also remembered that it is best to pray for people and just leave them in God's hands. I've learned that I can't blame other people for my problems. Instead I have to praise God through the storm and allow him to solve the problems. The Bible says that God is our help in times of trouble. Jesus said let not your heart be troubled. Right now, I repent asking God to forgive me for allowing the devil to come in. I ask God to forgive me for doubting that He has a plan for my life.

A few days later, on a Sunday night. I listened to a video by this man of God on Facebook by the name of Pastor E L Jones Jr called Keys 2 Success. He said something that was very profound to me that stuck with me: When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe then you will be successful. I've learned that sometimes if you want to be successful then you have to give up sleep sometimes. If you go to sleep, might miss out on opportunities. I had a wake up call tonight. I realized that I have been sleeping on my dreams too much. It's time for me to move forward, putting forth the effort. Sometimes I am going to have to let go of the pleasures and fun just for the moment. I realized that I can't give up. I can't give up on the dreams that God has put on the inside of me.

I just want to let everyone know to wake up! Keep dreaming big, don't let anyone else stop you. Don't ever give up! If you keep trying, something good has to come out of your hard work. Keep pursuing your dreams even through the roughest times in your life. Trust that God has put greatness in you. Remember that you can do all things through Christ which strengthens you. Put God first, put forth the effort and everything will work out the way it is supposed to. If God can use Abraham and make Abraham a very successful man then God can do it for you as well. Remember that God is no respecter of persons. He has given you the power to get wealth and the wisdom to keep it. He has also given you the wisdom to create witty inventions. The gifts that God has put on the inside of you will make room for you and present you before great successful men and women. God will send anointed people to recognize your gift and help you to prosper. Have some faith and put some action with that faith because faith is dead without works. When the devil comes telling you that you can't make it, remember, that greater is He that's in you than he that's in the world. God is so much bigger than the devil. When the enemy comes in like a flood God will raise a standard against him. So trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He shall direct your path. Trust God and trust in the ability that God has placed within you. This is a wake up call for you. You've been sleeping far too long. It's time for you to get up, make things happen, and remember don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment